« AnteriorContinuar »
1.-Concerning the office of Comptroller, .
2.-Concerning the office of State Treasurer,.
3. Concerning the office of Secretary of State,..
4.-Fixing the time for Acts and Joint Resolutions to take effect,.
5.-Prescribing the mode of receiving, keeping, and paying out the Public Funds,. 80
6.-Concerning the office of Attorney General,...
7.-Concerning the Revenue, Funds, Expenditure and Property of the State, and
8.—To establish Pilots and Pilot Regulations for the Port of San Francisco,. . . . .
9.-In relation to the appointment of Pilots for the different Ports and Harbors of
10.-Relating to San Diego Pilots,
12.-To provide for the Incorporation of Cities,..
13. To regulate the Interest of Money,..........
14.-Empowering the Governor to appoint Commissioners of Deeds and defining the
15.-Concerning the office of County Treasurer,..
16. To provide for the Incorporation of Towns,..
17.-To establish a Standard of Weights and Measures,.
18.-To authorize the formation of Limited Partnerships, .
19.-Concerning Water Craft found adrift and Lost Money and Property,.
20.-Prescribing the Duties and fixing the Compensation of County Surveyors,..... 130
21.-Defining the Duties of the State Librarian, and prescribing Rules for the Gov-
ernment of the State Library,.....
22.-Concerning Wrecks and Wrecked Property,
23. To provide for the Erection of Court Houses, .
25.-To prevent Obstructions in Navigable Streams,
26.-To provide for the Permanent Location of Seats of Justice of the several Counties, 145
27.-Relating to Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes,.
28.-Concerning Volunteer or Independent Companies,...
29.-To provide for the Appointment and Prescribe the Duties of Guardians, .
30. To provide for the Incorporation of Colleges,..
31.-Relative to Bonds, Due Bills, and other Instruments in writing, and making
32.-Concerning the Writ of Habeas Corpus,......
33. To abolish all Laws now in force in this State, except such as have been passed
by the present Session of the Legislature,...
34.-Concerning Persons in Custody, under Sentence of Imprisonment,
37. In relation to Money of Accounts of this State,
38. To exempt Vessels coasting within the Limits of this State from paying Pilot
39.-To prevent the Importation of Convicts into this State,.
40.-Concerning the office of Reporter,.
42.-To regulate Descents and Distributions,..
43.-Concerning the office of Surveyor General,
44. To define the Duties of County Clerk,..
45. To prescribe the Duty of Constables,..
47.-Concerning Fraudulent Conveyances and Contracts,.
48. For the Relief of Persons imprisoned on Civil Process,.
49.-Concerning Attorneys and Counsellors at Law,..........
50. To limit the Terms of Leases,....
51.-To authorize the Keepers of Warehouses to sell Goods on Storage after a certain
52. To regulate the Coining of Money by Individuals, .
53. To fix the Times of holding Court in the Eleventh Judicial District in this State, 211
54. To authorize certain Officers and other persons to administer Oaths,.
55.-Explanatory of the Duties of Sheriffs and Rights of Redemptioners under
the thirty-seventh Section of the "Act to provide for the levying, assessing
and collecting Public Revenue," passed April twenty-third, one thousand
56. To attach Signor, or Mare Island, to Solano County,....
57. To prevent the Establishment of Pest Houses within the Limits of any Town or
68.-Concerning Marks and Brands,
70.-For the Regulation of the Militia whilst in Actual Service, .
58.-Concerning Repealed Statutes,...
59. To prevent Extortion in Office and to enforce Official Duty,...
60.-Relative to Port Wardens in San Francisco and Sacramento, and other Ports of
61.-To provide for the Protection of Foreigners and to define their Liabilities and
C2-To provide for the Redemption of Comptroller's Warrants drawn payable out of
63. To enforce the Payment of Licenses in this State,.
64.-Concerning Passengers arriving in Ports of the State of California,.
C5.-Respecting Fugitives from Labor, and Slaves brought to this State prior to her
67.-To create a Board of Supervisors for the County of San Francisco and define
71.-Declaring certain Rivers and Creeks Navigable,..
72.-To amend an Act entitled "An Act to establish a Standard of Weights and
Measures," passed March thirtieth, one thousand eight hundred and fifty,.. 248
73.-Concerning Roads and Highways,...
74.-Concerning Roads and Highways,.
75.-To provide for the Incorporation of Railroad Companies,
76.-To provide for the Incorporation of Wagon-road Companies,.
77.-To provide for the Formation of Corporations for certain purposes,
80. For the Relief of Insolvent Debtors and Protection of Creditors,..
81.-Concerning Escheated Estates,..
82.-To prohibit the Erection of Weirs, or other Obstructions to the Run of Salmon, 325
83.-To provide for the Obtainment, Preservation and Distribution of Vaccine Matter, 326
84.-Authorizing the Governor to offer Rewards for the Apprehension of Criminals,. 327
85.-Supplementary to an Act entitled "An Act concerning the Office of County
Treasurer," passed March twenty-seventh, one thousand eight hundred and
86.-Prescribing the Amount of Compensation and Mode of Payment to Persons who
have performed Military Services for the State of California and Expenses
87.-To prohibit Officers from being interested in Certain Contracts,..
88. To prevent certain Officers from dealing in certain Securities or Evidences of
89.-To designate the Holidays to be observed in the Acceptance and Payment of
Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes,
90.-To provide for the Incorporation of Mutual Insurance Companies,
94.-To prevent certain Public Nuisances,
95.-Concerning the Administration of Oaths,
96. For the Authentication of Statutes without the Approval of the Governor, ..
97. To provide for choosing Electors of President and Vice President of the United
98.-Fixing the Times at which Representatives in Congress shall be elected,.... 344
99.-Prescribing the Manner of electing United States Senators,..
100. To authorize Persons engaged in the United States Coast Survey upon the
Coast of California, to enter on Lands within this State, for the purposes of
said Survey; to protect the Operations of the same from Injury and Molest-
ation; to ascertain the Mode of assessing Damages caused to any property in
the progress of the same, and to provide for the Punishment of Offenders
against the Provisions of this Act, and for other purposes,......
101.-Giving the consent of the Legislature of the State of California to the Purchase,
by the United States, of Land within this State for public purposes,
102.-To grant the Right of Way to the United States for Railroad purposes,
103.-To provide for the Public Printing,..
105.-To exempt Firemen from Militia Service and Jury Duty,...
106. To authorize the Mayor and Common Council of the City of Sacramento to con-
CHAP. 107.-Creating the Office of Clerk of the Recorder's Court of the City of Sacramento, 359
108. To provide for the Construction of Telegraph Lines within the State of California, 359
109.-Concerning the Offices of Comptroller and Treasurer of State,
110.-Authorizing the Comptroller of State to sue and prosecute County Treasurers
and other Officers charged with the Collection of State Revenue, who have
failed or refused to discharge their Duties,.
111.-Regulating the Duties of Harbor Master of the Port of San Francisco,.
112.-To Fund the Floating Debt of the County of San Francisco,.
113.-Defining the Duties of the Clerk of the Superior Court of the City of San
114.-Concerning Toll Bridges,..
115.-Concerning the Costs of Criminal Actions removed before Trial,.
117.-Concerning District Attorneys,.
118. Providing for the Disposition of certain Property,
119.-Prescribing Duties to the Secretary of State,...
120. To regulate the Settlement of the Estates of Deceased Persons,
123. To regulate Proceedings in Civil Cases in the Courts of Justice of this State,..
124.-Concerning the Office of County Assessor,....
126. Supplementary to an Act concerning Crimes and Punishments, passed April
127. To provide Revenue for the Support of the Government of this State,.
130. To regulate Fees in Office,.
133.-Concerning the Courts of Justice of this State and Judicial Officers,..
134.-Creating and regulating Public Ferries,...
135. Supplementary to an Act creating and regulating Public Ferries, passed March
136. To provide for the Disposition of certain Property of the State of California,.. 764
137. To provide for the Sale of the Interest of the State of California, in the Property
within the Water Line front of the City of San Francisco, as defined in and
by the Act entitled "An Act to provide for the Disposition of certain Pro-
perty of the State of California," passed March twenty-sixth, one thousand
139. To provide for Security to be given by County Officers acting under Appoint-
ments, and to amend the 55th Section of the Act concerning Sheriffs, passed
141.-Supplemental to "An Act to regulate Elections," passed March twenty-third,
one thousand eight hundred and fifty,..
142.-Concerning Lawful Fences, and Animals trespassing on Premises lawfully