« AnteriorContinuar »
CONTENTS OF NO XI.
I. 1. Thoughts on some important Points in the Syster the World. By J. P. Nichol, LL.D.
2. Professor Airey's Statement regarding Leverri
3. Dr. Mädler on the Central Sun.
II. The Works of Alexander Pope, Esq.; with Notes and i lustrations by Himself and others. To which are adde
a new Life of the Author, an Estimate of his Poetic Character and Writings, and Occasional Remarks, †15 William Roscoe, Esq.
III. 1. Catalogue of the Library in Red-Cross Street, Crippl gate, founded pursuant to the will of the Rev. Dani Williams, D.D.
2. Catalogue of the Printed Books in the British Museur
rare and curious books, forming part of the Library
4. A copy of a Representation from the Trustees of
5. Examen de ce que renferme la bibliothèque du Musé33 Britannique; extrait de documents soumis au Parlement en 1846. Par Octave Delepierre, Secrétaire de Légation, &c.
6. An Account of the Income and Expenditure of th British Museum for the year 1846; of the estimat Charges and Expenses for the year ending 25th March 1848, and of the progress made in the arrangement of the Collections in 1846.
7. On the supply of printed books from the Library to the Reading Room of the British Museum. [By Mr. Antonio Panizzi.]
8. Animadversions on the Library and Catalogues of the British Museum: a Reply to Mr. Panizzi's Statement; and a Correspondence with that Officer and the Trustees. By Sir Harris Nicolas.
Exercice 1847.-Ministère de l'Instruction
l'Organisation des Bibliothèques dans Paris. Par
Réforme de la Bibliothèque du Roi. Par P. L. Jacob,
Bibliophile [i. e. Paul Lacroix.]
Exposé succinct d'un nouveau système d'Organisation
des Bibliothèques publiques. Par un bibliothécaire [i. e.
1. Bulletin du Bibliophile, 1844-1846.
Thoughts on the Rule of Conscientious Subscription. By
Friends in Council. A Series of Headings and Discourses
The English Works of Thomas Hobbes, of Malmesbury.
Now first Collected and Edited by Sir William Moles-
Thoma Hobbes, Malmesburiensis, Opera Philosophica,
quæ latine scripsit omnia. In unum corpus nunc
primum collecta, studio et labore Gulielmi Molesworth. 155
1. German Fairy Tales, and Popular Stories. Translated
from the Collection of MM. Grimm, by Edgar Taylor.
2. Village Tales, from the Black Forest. By Berthold
Versuch einer Pragmatischen Darstellung des Augustin-
ismus und Pelagianismus nach ihrer Geschichtlichen
I. The Geology of Russia in Europe and the Ural Mountains.
By Roderick Impey Murchison, Pres. of R. Gr. S.,
V.P.R.S. and Geol. S., &c. &c.; Edouard de Verneuil,
V.P. Geol. Soc. France, &c.; and Count Alexander
II. Newspaper Press and Political Literature of Spain. -
1. Gaceta de Madrid.-2. Eco del Comercio.-3. Clamor
Publico.-4. Heraldo.-5. Espanol.-6. Espectador.-
7. Universal.-8. Esperanza.-9. Tiempo.-10. Pensa-
mento de la Nacion.-11. Catolico. - 12. Guia del
Comercio. 13. Faro.-14. El Correo.-15. El Po-
III. 1. "Lazamon's Brut, or Chronicle of Britain;" a Poetical
Semi-Saxon Paraphrase of the Brût of Wace. Now
first published from the Cottonian Manuscripts in the
British Museum; accompanied by a literal translation,
Notes, and a Grammatical Glossary. By Sir Frederick
Early English Metrical Romances."
3. "Reliquiæ Antiquæ." Scraps from Ancient Manuscripts,
illustrating chiefly our early English Literature. Edited
4. "History of English Rhymes." By Edwin Guest.
5. Haveloke the Dane. Edited by Sir F. Madden.
7. Robert of Gloucester's Chronicle. Edited by Hearne. 333
IV. 1. Report of the Committee appointed by the Right Honour-
able the Governor of Bengal, for the establishment of
a Fever Hospital, and for inquiring into Local Ma-
nagement and Taxation in Calcutta. Folio, with
2. Statistics of the Educational Institutions of the East
India Company in India. By Lieut.-Colonel W. H.
Sykes, F.R.S. Journal of the Statistical Society of
3. Statistics of the Government Charitable Dispensaries of
India, chiefly in the Bengal and North-western Pro-
vinces. By Lieut.-Colonel Sykes. Journal of the
Statistical Society, vol. 10, 1847.
4. Commentary on the Hindu System of Medicine. By T.
3. Walt and Vult; or, the Twins. Translated from the
Flegeljahre of Jean Paul by the Author of the Life
Translated out of the original German, with an In-
troduction and an Appendix. By J. W. Semple,
2. The Elements of Morality, including Polity. By Wil-
3. Lectures on Systematic Morality, delivered in Lent
4. The Elements of Moral Science. By F. Wayland, D.D. 407
VII. The Vegetable Kingdom; or, the Structure, Classifica-
tion, and Uses of Plants, illustrated upon the Natural
System. By John Lindley, Ph. D., F.R.S. & L.S.
VIII. The Lands of the Bible visited and described, in an exten-
sive Journey, undertaken with special reference to
the Promotion of Biblical Research, and the advance-
ment of the Cause of Philanthropy. By John
Wilson, D.D., F.R.S., &c. With Maps and Illus-
IX. Bells and Pomegranates. By Robert Browning
X. 1. Die Verfassung der Kirche der Zukunft. Praktische
Erläuterungen zu dem Briefwechsel über die deutsche
Kirche, das Episcopat und Jerusalem. Mit Vorwort
und vollständingem Briefwechsel herausgegeben von
C. C. J. Bunsen, der Philosophie und der Rechte
2. The Constitution of the Church of the Future, a prac-
tical explanation of the Correspondence with the
Right Honourable William Gladstone, on the German
Church, Episcopacy, and Jerusalem, with a Preface,
Notes, and the complete Correspondence. By C. C. J.
Bunsen, D. Ph. and D.C.L. Translated from the
German under the superintendence of, and with addi-
XI. A Letter on the Present Position of the Education Ques-