« AnteriorContinuar »
VOLUME XXXVIII.-FOURTH SERIES, VOLUME VIII.
J. M'CLINTOCK, EDITOR.
PUBLISHED BY CARLTON & PORTER,
CONTENTS OF VOLUME XXXVIII.-1856.
By the Rev. J. T. Crane, Pennington, N. J.
1. The Jubilee Memorial of the Religious Tract Society.
2. Thirtieth Annual Report of the American Baptist Publication
3. Twenty-Ninth Annual Report of the American Tract Society.
4. Twenty-Eighth Annual Report of the General Protestant Épisco-
pal Sunday-School Union, and Church Book Society.
5. Sixteenth Annual Report of the Board of Publication of the Pres-
6. Second Annual Report of the Tract Society of the Methodist
7. First Annual Report of the Board of Publication of the Reformed
1. A Visit to the Camp before Sevastopol. By RICHARD C. M'COR-
2. The Unholy Alliance: An American View of the War in the East.
3. A History of the War between Turkey and Russia, and Russia and
the Allied Powers of England and France. By George Fowler.
By the Rev. W. C. Hoyt, New-Haven, Conn.
The Life of the Rev. Robert Newton, D. D. By THOMAS JACKSON.
By the Rev. Professor Nadal, Indiana Asbury University.
The Political, Social, and Ecclesiastico-Religious Condition of the
United States of North America, with special reference to the Ger-
mans. By PHILIP SCHAFF, D. D., Professor of Theology at Mercers-
VIII. SHORT REVIEWS AND NOTICES OF BOOKS
1. Roemer's Polyglott Readers, p. 152.-2. Beecher's Letters on Health
and Happiness, p. 152.-3. Funeral Sermon of Dr. S. H. Cone, p. 152.--
4. Abbott's Learning to Talk, p. 153.-5. Foxe's Book of Martyrs,