« AnteriorContinuar »
1913 WHITELAW REID M.A. LL.D. D.C.L. Chancellor New York 1917 ST CLAIR MCKELWAY M.A. LL.D. Vice Chancellor Brooklyn 1919 DANIEL BEACH Ph.D. LL.D. 1914 PLINY T. SEXTON LL.B. LL.D. 1912 T. GUILFORD SMITH M.A. C.E. LL.D.
1915 ALBERT VANDER VEER M.D. M.A. Ph.D. LL.D. Albany 1922 CHESTER S. LORD M.A. LL.D.
1918 WILLIAM NOTTINGHAM M.A. Ph.D. LL.D.
Commissioner of Education
ANDREW S. DRAPER LL.B. LL.D.
AUGUSTUS S. DOWNING MA. Pd.D..LL.D. First Assistant
Director of State Library
JAMES I. WYER, JR, M.L.S.
Director of Science and State Museum
JOHN M. CLARKE Ph.D. D.Sc. LL.D
Chiefs of Divisions
Administration, GEORGE M. WILEY M.A.
Attendance, JAMES D. SULLIVAN
Educational Extension, WILLIAM R. EASTMAN M.A. M.L.S.
Examinations, HARLAN H. HORNER B.A.
Inspections, FRANK H. WOOD M.A.
Law, FRANK B. GILBERT B.A.
School Libraries, CHARLES E. FITCH L.H.D.
Statistics, HIRAM C. CASE
Visual Instruction, ALFRED W. ABRAMS Ph.B
Vocational Schools, ARTHUR D. DEAN B.S.
Education Department Bulletin
Published fortnightly by the University of the State of New York Entered as second-class matter June 24, 1908, at the Post Office at Albany, N. Y., under the act of July 16, 1894
ALBANY, N. Y.
AS AMENDED TO JULY 15, 1911
JULY 15, 1911
[NOTE. The Education Law of 1910 amends the entire Education Law of 1909 and is a substitute therefor. The amendments of 1910 and 1911 are inserted in their proper places. At the end of the schedule of repeals of the Education Law a table showing where the sections of the Education Law of 1909 may be found in the Education Law of 1910 is inserted.]
L. 1910, CHAP. 140-AN ACT to amend the education law,
[In effect April 22, 1910]
The People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assembly, do enact as follows:
Section 1. Chapter twenty-one of the laws of nineteen hundred and nine, entitled "An act relating to education, constituting chapter sixteen of the consolidated laws," is hereby amended to read as follows:
CHAPTER 16 OF THE CONSOLIDATED LAWS
Article 1. Short title and definitions (§§ 1, 2). 2. Education department (§§ 20-27).
3. University (§§ 40–69).
4. Commissioner of education (§§ 90-99).
5. School districts (S$ 120-154).
6. School neighborhoods (§§ 170–172).
7. District meetings (§§ 190-207).
8. School district officers; general provisions (§§ 220236).
9. District clerk, treasurer, collector (§§ 250–257).
10. Trustees (S$ 270-285).
11. Boards of education (§§ 300-328).
12. Town clerks (S$ 340, 341).
13. Supervisors ($$ 360-365).
14. District superintendent of schools; his election, powers and duties (§§ 380-398).
15. Assessment and collection of taxes (§§ 410-440). 16. School buildings and sites (§§ 450-467).
17. School district bonds (§ 480).