« AnteriorContinuar »
47. A Parallel between Alexander and a Highwayman.. Hawkesworth.
48. How far the Precept to love our Enemies is prac
49. Parallel between ancient and modern Learning.
50. On Lying. 51. Translation of a Manuscript of Longinus lately discovered, containing a Comparison of celebrated Passages in Pagan and Jewish Writers.
52. Distresses of an Author invited to read his Play. Hawkesworth.
53. Misargyrus's Account of his Companions in the
54. The fatal Effects of false Apologies and Pretences:
Warton. 58. Presumption of modern Criticism censured. Ancient Poetry necessarily obscure. Examples from Horace.
BIOGRAPHICAL, HISTORICAL, AND CRITICAL.
JAMES FERGUSON, ESQ.
AUTHOR OF THE "NEW BIOGRAPHICAL DICTIONARY."
IN FORTY VOLUMES.
ADVENTURER, VOL. II.
PRINTED FOR J. RICHARDSON AND CO.; G. OFFOR; T. TEGG;
W. SHARPE AND SON; ROBINSON AND CO.; G. WALKER;